August 2021 Edition of the European Go Journal
- An interview with Manja Marz 3d, a founder of the Jena International Go School and one of the top European female players.
- Short interviews with Jonas Welticke 6d and Ryan Li 3p on their successes in the Dutch Open and Transatlantic Professional Go League, respectively.
- A detailed commentary on the final game of the first Transatlantic Professional Go League, played between Ilya Shikshin 4p and Ryan Li 3p.
- A brief commentary by Antti Törmänen 1p on his game against rising star Nakamura Sumire 2p.
- A review of the decisive game of the 44th Myeongin final between Shin Jinseo 9p and Byun Sangil 9p.
- The next of the Thirty-Six Stratagems presented by Dai Junfu 8d, illustrating tactics used in warfare through examples from games of go.
- Breathtaking tesujis compiled by Alexander Dinerchtein 3p.
Number of pages: 63
European Go News
Jonas Welticke 6d Wins Dutch Open
France Wins 11th Pandanet Go European Team Championship
EGF Tournaments Schedule for Autumn
Ryan Li 3p Wins 1st Transatlantic Professional Go League
Game Commentary: 1st Transatlantic Professional Go League Final
World Go News
A Brief Game Commentary: Antti Törmänen 1p vs. Nakamura Sumire 2p
Iyama Yuta 9p Wins 46th Gosei
Conclusion of the 16th Korea Prime Minister Cup
Shin Jinseo 9p Wins 26th GS Caltex Cup and 44th Myeongin
Game Commentary: Decisive Game of the 44th Myeongin Final
Interview with Manja Marz 3d
Art & Photography
Alizée Chabin – Feeling Cosmic & Le Phare du Bout du Monde, 2021
Hugo Maussion – Old and Young, 2021
Camille Lévêque – Flow, 2021
Kim Ouweleen – The Tortoise Shell, 2014 – 2016
Alexey Khovanets – Pair Go Before the Tournament, 2021
Tatsuya Okao – A Well-Thought-Out Move is Beautiful, 2021
Favorite Place to Go
Thirty-Six Stratagems. No. 6: Make a Sound in the East, Strike in the West
Let’s Study with AI: High One-Space Approach to Komoku – Part I
World of Tesuji
Tesuji No. 1: Invasion that Kills
Tesuji No. 2: Endgame
Tesuji No. 3: Hidden Opportunity
Tesuji No. 4: One Tesuji Away from a KPMC Final