July 2021 Edition of the European Go Journal
- An interview with Alessandro Pace 4d, six-time Italian champion, a professional musician and composer, and a man who always dresses in yellow.
- A review of the final game of the 76th Honinbo title match played between Shibano Toramaru 9p and Iyama Yuta 9p.
- Commentary on the second game of the best-of-two match between Calvin Sun 1p and Oscar Vazquez 6d played in the Transatlantic Professional Go League.
- The continuation of the Thirty-Six Stratagems by Dai Junfu 8d, illustrating tactics used in warfare through examples from games of go.
- Breathtaking tesujis compiled by Alexander Dinerchtein 3p.
Number of pages: 55
European Go News
Face-to-Face Go Events are Returning to Europe
1st Transatlantic Professional Go League: Conclusion of the Group Stage
Game Commentary: 1st Transatlantic Professional Go League, Calvin Sun 1p vs Óscar Vázquez 6d
World Go News
Ke Jie 9p Wins 5th Qisheng
South Korea’s “Young Talents” Face the Women’s Team
Shin Jinseo 9p Defends Title of Strongest Player
Iyama Yuta 9p Wins Honinbo Title for Tenth Year Straight
Game Commentary: Final Game of the 76th Honinbo Title Match
Interview with Alessandro Pace 4d
Art & Photography
Hugo Maussion – A Quiet Place, 2021
Camille Lévêque – Castle, 2021
Alizée Chabin – Go Zen III, 2019
Kim Ouweleen – The Raccoon-Dog Drums its Belly, 2015
Alexey Khovanets – Playing on a 26 by 26 Go Board, 2021
Thirty-Six Stratagems. No. 5: Loot a Burning House
Let’s Study with AI: One-Space Low Pincer from Komoku
World of Tesuji
Tesuji No. 1: Wedge
Tesuji No. 2: Revival
Tesuji No. 3: Endgame