June 2021 Edition of the European Go Journal
- An interview with Antti Törmänen 1p, a top European go player from Finland who became professional in Japan.
- Interviews with Lukáš Podpěra 7d and Stanisław Frejlak 7d about their excellent results in the 41st WAGC.
- Commentary on the game from the 41st WAGC played between Stanisław Frejlak 7d and Ma Tianfang 7d.
- An article on the Zvezda go center in Saint Petersburg, the capital of Russian go, by Ivan Mesenko 9k. Ivan recently visited the go center and tells us all about it!
- The continuation of the Thirty-six Stratagems by Dai Junfu 8d, illustrating tactics used in warfare through examples from games of go.
- Breathtaking tesujis compiled by Alexander Dinerchtein 3p
Number of pages: 63
European Go News
1st Transatlantic Professional Go League: Progress Report
World Go News
Park Junghwan 9p Achieves 900 Victories in Professional Career
Wang Xinghao 6p Wins 8th GLOBIS Cup
Tu Xiaoyu 6p Wins 25th Xinren Wang
Fujisawa Rina 5p Wins 8th Aizu Central Hospital Cup
Iyama Yuta 9p Makes a Comeback in 76th Honinbo Title Match
The 41st WAGC: Interviews with Top European Participants
Interview with Lukáš Podpěra 7d
Interview with Stanisław Frejlak 7d
Game Commentary: 41st WAGC, Stanisław Frejlak vs. Ma Tianfang
The Zvezda Go Center in Saint Petersburg, Russia
Interview with Antti Törmänen 1p
Art & Photography
Yvonne Limbach – Zentangle, 2018
Alizée Chabin – Summer Studies, 2020
Camille Lévêque – Go, 2021
Kim Ouweleen – Chicago Midway Go Club, 2021
Rasmus Wilken – Universe on Board, 2021
Alexey Khovanets – Atmosphere of the 41st WAGC, 2021
Favorite Place to Go
A Contribution by Aorja Harris
The Journal Answers
A Contribution by Anton Vedenskyi
Thirty-Six Stratagems. No. 4: Await the Exhausted Enemy at Your Ease
Let’s Study with AI: Shoulder Hit to San-San
World of Tesuji
Tesuji No. 1: The Power of Sacrifice
Tesuji No. 2: Unexpected Connection
Tesuji No. 3: Protecting from a Cut in Sente