May 2021 Edition of the European Go Journal
- An interview with Vsevolod Ovsiienko 4d, two-time European champion in the U12 category.
- A commentary of the Final of the 4th MLILY Cup between Xie Ke 9p and Mi Yuting 9p.
- A report on the Russian Qualifier for the 41st WAGC by Ivan Mesenko 9k.
- The continuation of the amazing series about the Thirty-six Stratagems by Dai Junfu 8d, illustrating tactics used in warfare through examples from games of go.
- Breathtaking tesujis compiled by Alexander Dinerchtein 3p.
- A new chapter called "Guess the Move", based on board positions from professional games.
Number of pages: 53
European Go News
Conclusion of the 11th Pandanet Go European Team Championship
Start of the 1st Transatlantic Professional Go League
Game Commentary: 1st Transatlantic Professional Go League
Russian Qualifier for the 41st WAGC
World Go News
Nakamura Sumire’s Amazing Winning Streak
Moon Minjong Wins 9th Kuksu Cup
Mi Yuting Wins 4th MLILY Cup
Game Commentary: 4th MLILY Cup Final, Game 5
Interview with Vsevolod Ovsiienko, European Youth Champion
Art & Photography
Mariia Chernova – Baduk the Mythical Cat, 2021
Alizée Chabin – Playing in the Harbor, 2020
Camille Lévêque – Corona House, 2020
Kim Ouweleen – Logo for the European Go Journal, 2021
Alexey Khovanets – Go in the Rain, 2021
Mikhail Krylov – Post-Game Analysis, 2019
Let’s Study with AI: Attaching to Ikken-Shimari from Komoku
World of Tesuji
Tesuji No. 1: Winning the Semeai
Tesuji No. 2: Killing Two Birds With One Stone
Tesuji No. 3: Counter-Invasion
Thirty-Six Stratagems. No. 3: Kill With a Borrowed Knife
Guess the Next Move